Monday 22 August 2011

Week 5- Production Week

Woo Production Week!
Time for some serious catch up and research!
1. Research vintage movie posters
2. Keep on blogging
3. Think of name for movie & create a static logo
4. Animate production company logo (Tocho)



1. Okay so this is a mood board for the overall look and feel of the movie and its branding. As a group we have decided to do a vintage inspired theme, as it ties in with our story/ documentary!


Movie Posters

I found this and absolutely loved it! The ability to communicate & instantly recognise the brand is amazing! I love the simplicity and style! Although this is not directly associated with my path of branding I would like to try to include this minimal look.

All the posters above are personal work of Graphic Designer,Albert Exergian. 


A collection of interesting vintage style posters I found on the net. Strong yet soft colours (pastels) are used. Photographic and illustrative styles are used. Photographs almost seem illustrative. Straight, clean lines are used in illustrative/ vector works. Colour pallets reflect the era and are predominately made up of browns and earth based tones- blues,greens etc.



Typography- So obviously my poster and DVD pack needs type. I have collected the below typefaces to broaden my knowledge of what typographically was happening at the time (1920s-1950s)



No comments:

Post a Comment