Okay, so after todays class I, with the help of Jodie have tweaked my package design. I am still using the same template however am now just approaching it differently. I have turned the template sideways creating a purse/ pouch like case. This works a lot better as a whole piece and the holds the poster and disc inside more effectively.
After mocking up, I realised the folds looked a bit empty or incomplete so did the cover.
I have added typography to enhance the packaging as well as repeating the wheel on the folds to create interest - this works both ways regardless of which fold is on top.